Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 21 - Being bald is easy to forget

Today I had a massage, worked a full day, had acupuncture, went to the gym and now I am pooped.

Most of the day I wore a hat and most of the day people asked me to take it off and show off my bald head. The guy who checked me into the gym said with true sincerity, "you look beautiful".

I am surprised how ok I am with it. The only real issue is that I have lost my cancer autonomy. Every person I run into, friend or foe needs only to glance my way and register what is going on. You don't realize how many casual relationships you have with your neighbors, barrista, even the guy at the cafeteria. Today I was ok with all the questions and looks but I must say cancer is boring me to tears this week.

Bored but Bossy

D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs