Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 20 - Let go



Now that was a party.

Tonight we celebrated being Bossier than cancer, and being honest, and open to whatever the day may bring you.  CHAP's focus is to always make even the worst situations something to celebrate, and we did.

My sisters braided my hair, and being the devout capitalist that I am, I sold the opportunity to cut a braid for a minimum $10 donation to CHAP.  We raised a lot of money.  I am not sure how to take it - with so many people willing to shell over hard earned money and wield scissors at my head.







Harper got into the action with the help of auntie Kristy.





 Frank our fearless leader made the final cut - imploring everyone to shout at the top of their lungs.



Harris was the first kid to jump into the chair to get his head shaved, followed by Graham and then finally...



Me.  Frank gave me my long awaited, but never seriously considered, mohawk...




which Harper gladly painted pink


It was quite a night.  I have personally never felt so much love in my entire life. Would love to be more eloquent about it, and perhaps tomorrow I will have more time, as for now - I am just too pooped from a good party.

Bossier now that I have a mohawk.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs