Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 22 - "Just blame it on the cancer"

The running joke around work is that if I want to really go off my rocker, get bossy, and it bites me in the ass then I should just blame it on the cancer.  This can be used in the following ways:

"That is a ridiculous idea, but maybe it is just the cancer talking."

"Sorry I missed that deadline...by the way, do you know I have cancer?"

"I will not attend your inane meeting, I am too busy fighting cancer."

Like my friend Amanda reminded me, I better use the cancer card as much as possible, since I am not going to have it for very long.

Trust me, around Nike these excuses may come in handy - especially the meeting one.  I have never sat through so many meetings in my life.  When I was first diagnosed I thought life is too short to spend sitting in countless meetings.  Now I actually don't mind it.  Gives me time to visualize the powerful sparkles of chemo medicine going to battle against those sad cancer cells. 

Sparkles always win in the end, just ask Harper.

Healing and Dealing with Sparkles on the brain.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs