Saturday, January 12, 2013

Welcome Back

We simply had the best vacation of our lives in Montana.  The train trip was magical, kids skied, sledded, played to their hearts content.

I always like to share my favorite memories that I have with each person on a vacation - we usually sit around the table on the last night and tell each other what we liked best about our trip.

My highlights were:

Harris - He gave me a ring for Christmas and told me he wanted to marry me.  In Montana he told me he wanted to marry me and live in Montana.  When I asked him about the rest of the family he said, "They can visit."  Swoon!

Harper - Hands down the moment she let go of me and said, "I want to ski by myself" as we were heading down the hill.  I will cherish yelling, "pizza pie!  french fry!" for the rest of my life.

Graham - Watching him practice snowboarding down the hill in front of the house we were staying in.

Doug - Spending the day, just the two of us whooshing down the ski mountain.

My mom -  Snuggling into a Dog Sled with my mom and Harris.  It is always fun to be able to do something new with those you love - especially your mom!

And on the last day, after my mom told me, "you are never going to finish that puzzle before we leave," I sat with the Eikenkids and finished a 1000 piece puzzle with about 2 hours to spare.

d


1 comment:

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs