Monday, September 17, 2012

Race for the Cure

Sunday was Portland's Race for the Cure.

A friend came up to me today to see if I had walked.

I thought about it a little bit on Sunday.  I thought about it a little bit the day before that.  I even thought about it a few weeks ago.

For some reason I just didn't have the energy for it.  The sea of pink.  The tributes to grandmothers, mothers, sisters, friends.  The Survivor t-shirts.

Instead we literally stayed at home all day.  This never happens.  The Eikenkids were thrilled.

Our day reminded me of an episode from Mad Men.  Don and Betty are laying in bed, the kids come in to disturb their hangover, and both grunt that it is time for the kids to get ready for bed.

Sally shrieks, "but we haven't had any dinner yet!".

At least it wasn't that bad.  Doug made homemade pizza.  Harris said, "Daddy you are a good cook", to which Graham replied, "I think we have already established that."

Later I read about "Sleep in for the Cure".

And thought to myself that we did just that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs