Thursday, September 27, 2012

If you can make it there

I love New York.

I love that my husband grew up there.

I love that my first time there was with him.

I love that I lived there for 7 years.  That I can navigate my way around the city by bus, subway, cab, and maybe even a ferry.  That my in-laws still live there.  That my accountant still lives there.  That some of my closest friends live there.

I love that I got to show my mom, along with her sisters, New York for their first time.  That we got lost on the way home from the airport, that we went to Ellis Island, that they rode the subway, that we saw a Broadway show.

I love that my sister Kristy lived with us in New York 2 or 3 times (I am not sure either of us can remember), while she started her career.

I love that one of my oldest friends would visit me whenever she could.  We would walk, and walk, and walk, and talk, and talk, and talk.  I love that whenever I see the Empire State Building I send her a photo - as it always reminds me of her.

I love that I got to show my father New York.  I love that I had a chance to tell him, "I will meet you in front of Grand Central Station."  I love that he got to sleep in my first house, eat at my favorite pizza parlor, walk across the Brooklyn Bridge with me, and see the Statue of Liberty.

I love that of all the places in the world, my two besties want to go to celebrate our friendship and our health is New York.  The first time for them both.

I love that Doug takes each kid on a one on one trip to New York.

I love that we will all be able to say that our first time in New York was with someone who will love us forever.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs