Friday, July 20, 2012

On the road again

We leave today for a little family road trip.  The car is packed, the kids are excited, and we hit the road towards Lake Tahoe around noon.

I do the same three things before any trip with the kids.

1.  Buy new underwear for someone - this time it was Graham and Harper.
2.  Slip a new book / sticker book / coloring book into each kids backpack.  50% of the time I land on something they all love, and fighting ensues.
3.  Pack.  For my self, for the kids, but never for Doug.  (As my mom taught us, never start anything you do not want to do for the rest of your life).

At some point tonight we will land in Klamath Falls - we are staying at a ranch there, that in my fantasy has a lot of open land, friendly kids to play with, a nice hiking trail, and plenty of room to stretch out after a day in the car.

So here's to occupied children, long stretches of silence, and a safe trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs