Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 385 - whew

It was a long tough week.

I have been feeling run down, and on top of it work was, well, busy. The work I do finds me in the middle of multiple interests. Sometimes I consider myself a diplomat, other times a herder of cats.

About once a week I do or say something that makes me think, "I really do know what I am doing".

The rest of the time I am not so sure.

With all of this rattling in my head, Doug and I went to a University of Oregon fundraiser last night.

What I really wanted to do was curl up into bed. Instead I sprinted home, got dressed up, and headed out the door for cocktail hour and speeches.

I was so tired that I tried to convince Doug that we should leave early. He really wanted to stay, and for the first time in a year, I felt like I could do something for him.

We stayed.

And I am glad we did.

The last speaker summed up my week perfectly when she said "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

1 comment:

  1. Such wise words. Hoping that you'll get some rest. Give my love to the sisters and Mom when you have Kristy's baby shower. God Bless You. Love Joyce

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs