Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 355- Dixie Chicken

I love music.

As a gloomy teenager I would pour over the liner notes that accompanied my records. I was always a little bummed when lyrics were not included.

If that was the case I would spend hours listening to songs, and writing down what I thought were the lyrics.

One of my friends and I would play name that tune while listening to KROQ. She was better than I was 90 percent of the time. Within the first few seconds of a song one of us would belt out the first verse and a winner would be declared.

Today,as I was driving home The Thompson Twins came on the radio. I had not thought of this band since I was a gloomy teenager.

In fact it was the fist concert I ever attended. (I think either my mom or Kristy dropped us off...Irvine Meadows!)

That song took me back to being a 13 year old, super awkward (and tall) girl.

But it also reminded me of some really great times.

And of some really great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs