Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 354 - HOME

Heading home tonight - to tucking in children, cups of tea, and my own bed.

Have I mentioned lately that I feel each day a fog seeping off of my brain?  Layer by layer I feel like I am getting my thoughts back.

I am also realizing that I was pretty out of it for a while.  Chemo brain sounds funny - but can be rather embarrassing.

Like the day I went to the gym, and when I came back to where I thought my car was parked, I stopped 5 feet away from a Volvo SUV and thought, "that looks like my car, but my car is not silver, this one is."  And I spent  the next 15 minutes looking for my car, on several levels of a parking structure only to think, "Maybe that was my car.  Maybe my car IS silver".

And in fact it was.

Or should I say is.

As each month moves into the next I fall into a panic wondering who's birthday I may have forgotten.  So far I think I am doing OK on this front (if not - I am so sorry!).

I can't believe I am 11 days away from this being a year of my life.

And the fog is finally beginning to lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs