Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 321 - In Treatment

Herception day today.  Which is given exactly like a chemo treatment, sitting in a lounge chair with other cancer patients.

While the treatment is simple - the room is tough.

As I was walking in I was hoping for a few things.

1.  That there would not be any young cancer patients today.
2.  That my favorite nurse would be there.
3.  That I would have the room to my self.
4.  That there would be a new People magazine for me to thumb through.

None of the above came through.

In reality the room looked like this:

1.  My least favorite nurse was on duty today.
2.  There was a young (remember 40 is young in these parts) guy receiving treatment (but he still had all his hair - it is so ironic that most treatments for girl cancers cause hair loss - not always the same for men).
3.  Two other patients.  One who was quite literally the LOUDEST person I have ever experienced.
In my entire life.  And don't forget I am typically the LOUDEST person you have ever met.
4.  No new People.   No old People.  Just Time and Newsweek.

Oh well - the good part was Doug came to join me, and afterward we had an hour together drinking tea and talking.

I think the reason cancer brought us closer is not because of the seriousness of the situation, but because we were ironically given the luxury of time.

Something that I will work to never take for granted again.

Have a great weekend everyone - let's see what Monday brings.

H+D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs