Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day -312 - I am going to try this one again

Doug and I became parents late in the game.

We had been married for twelve years, I was 34 and Doug was 42 when Graham was born. 19 months later came Harper, 17 months after that came Harris.

3 kids in 3 years.

I always say if we had started earlier I would have kept going. Maybe I would have stopped at 4 but who knows.

Now I wonder what would have happened if I didn't get cancer.

I am sad that Harper does not have a sister. I remember my mom telling my sisters and me, as we fought through our teens, that we would be best friends today, and she is right.

But little Harper is going to miss out on that.

One of my dearest friends doesn't have sisters either - in fact she is an only child. However she was lucky enough to grow up with two cousins, and the three of them acted more like sisters than mine did some days.

So there is some hope that Harper will have a sister/cousin.

Because her Auntie Kristy is pregnant.

And I know Harper is holding out hope that it will be a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs