Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 311- It's the simple pleasures

Yesterday afternoon Harper and I had the rare opportunity of spending 3 solid hours together, just the two of us.

We had some chores we had to do - first stop Ikea.

As we were driving Harper asked me, "what color was your veil when you married Daddy?".  When I told her white she said, "I think some people choose purple too."

She then asked, "will you help me pick out my veil when I get married?".  And when I told her yes, she wanted me to, "make a note about it so I wouldn't forget."

As if I would.

We buzzed around Ikea for a while, checking out all the 500 square foot apartments, testing multiple beds, couches, chairs.  Harper would really like the loft bed - and chose a bunk bed for the boys.

We left with a few frames, some organizing baskets (again!), and an ice-cream.

Next stop was Target.  Our only goal was to get Graham a new swimsuit - but somehow Harper ended up with sparkle butterfly barrettes and bubble gum.  She also wanted a gold necklace, my little pony stickers, a new swimsuit, a bracelet, an Easter bunny stuffed animal, and popcorn.

But I held my ground.

Finally we made it to the grocery store where I had to have a prescription filled.  While we were wandering around Harper ran into not one, not two, but three of her classmates.  They were all shocked to see each other, and chatted away excitedly.

As we were walking away Harper announced, at the top of her lungs, "We have to go pick up my mom's pills.  She takes a lot of pills!"

Later that night, as I was tucking her in, she said, "Mama, that was the best day ever!  Can we do it again next weekend!"

And I felt exactly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs