Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 248 - Forward thinking

Doug and I spent a lazy afternoon yesterday planning 3 separate vacations, and began discussing the 4th.

Our philosophy for years was to always have the next vacation planned before you left.  That way you never get too bummed that a vacation is over, since you have the next one to look forward to.

Last year, because I had just started a new job, we failed to plan a Spring Break getaway, and then, well, you know what happened next.

We will be home bound until the end of February thanks to radiation, but after that we are free as birds.

First off - spring break in Palm Springs.

Next our usual grown up trip to Vegas for the first weekend of the NBA playoffs.

Then to San Francisco in June to watch the US open of Golf.

We bought tickets last year, a few weeks after this whole cancer thing started, as a reminder that life is for the living.  Doug said he had always wanted to go, and I said why not.

At the time we had no idea what was ahead of us, but we needed to take a leap of faith that one year later we would be OK.  It was worth the gamble, and I think I am looking to that trip the most.

2012 is a big year for us.

In March we will celebrate 20 years of marriage together.

In July Doug will turn 50.

In July I will be finished with my cancer treatments.

After that I hope things get boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs