Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 223 - Christmas Lists

I sat down with each of the kids today to write out their Christmas Lists.  Graham wants Lego's, and a skateboard.  Harper is hoping for a playmobile serpent and a $50 T-Rex (?).  Harris will be lucky to get anything other than coal in his stocking, but if he can somehow pull off an upset there may be a monster truck with purple flames underneath the tree for him this year.

My favorite Christmas, from a loot perspective, was when I was in 3rd grade.  My father had been making a desk for a family "friend" for about a month.  He even asked my opinion on a few details.  I remember wishing the desk was for me, and was super surprised when on Christmas morning it was waiting for me. 

This is also the year that my sisters and I got our own phone, and phone number.  I am sure this was more of a  gift to my parents more than us.

My favorite Christmas, from an experience perspective, is the year we all piled into our van (kids born in the Southern California 70's, you remember the van years), along with our Uncle, and drove from California to Oklahoma.  I swear my mom drugged our food because I don't remember any part of the drive, just the fun we had all being together.

It was also the last year that I was the youngest Grandchild.  Being the youngest, I got to open my presents first - which was awesome. 

I hope we are creating great memories for the Eikenkids.  Sometimes I wonder what they will remember.

This year I am sure it will be the loot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs