Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 216 - My December

I have been remiss in telling you all about my appointment with the radiologist. 

For starters, while under the influence of radiation you get your own parking spot.  Before my appointment I was sent a parking pass that allows me front row (mayors spot!) parking every day. 

Membership has its privileges.

Doug and I were happy that our Dr. seems to poses the top three things I desire in a medical professional.

1.  A positive attitude.
When I made some reference to being, "sick" he looked me dead in the eye and said, "your not sick". 

2.  A family.
He asked if we had kids, when I said yes, and told him the ages, he said, "me too, except I am about 10 years further down the line than you".

3.  Credentials
Did his residency at the Mayo Clinic.  Been in the radiation business for over two decades. 

Radiation starts with an appointment at the end of December to get my position right and set up the machines that will beam their poisonous light at me.  Once the position is found (this can apparently take an hour or two) the nurse will actually tattoo the beam targets on my skin.

Once we get this whole thing started I have to go everyday, Monday - Friday for 6 weeks.  I will have a great alibi for any crimes committed outside of the state of Oregon I suppose.

Until then, I will stretch one more time, receive another dose of herceptin, have an echo cardio gram, have surgery to do the expander/implant exchange, take my vitamins and tamoxifen everyday, and celebrate Christmas.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs