Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 170 - think pink

In case you haven't noticed it is breast cancer awareness month.

Everywhere I look I see pink.

NFL games, magazines, ribbons, shampoo aisle, dairy case.

If you manufacturer products of any kind, it is likely you have a pink version for October.

The cynic in me thinks enough is enough. Cancer marketing seems so weird, and over done.

And as much as I have always hated pink, I am forever grateful for the awareness it has brought.

Awareness made me realize the lump I felt needed to be checked out.

It made me have a mammogram.

It made sure that my hospital would have all the right equipment, that my Dr.'s could order all the right tests.

Awareness helped created a drug that specifically targets the type of breast cancer I have.

It made it a Federal Law that reconstruction after a mammogram is covered by insurance. Before then it was considered an elective surgery.

So enjoy all the pink, think of me when you see it.

We are both going to be around for a while.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing!! I think you deserve a Pink Ladies jacket!!! " the pink ladies pledge is to act cool... Look cool and beeee coool.!"

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs