Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 155 - the phone

I am not a fan of the telephone.  Never was one to talk on the phone for all hours of the day. 

Sure I like to catch up with friends and family who don't live in Portland, but the phone leaves much to be desired.

We don't have a home phone, gave up on land lines years ago.  My kids actually think a house phone plugged into the wall is, "old fashioned".

So when my phone rang today, as I was sitting in a meeting, and I saw my Dr.'s name pop up, my heart sort of skipped a beat.

I thought to myself, why would they be calling? 

Did I have any tests done lately?

no.

Was there some news I was waiting for?

no.

I played this game for a while - tourturing myself, and then I picked up the phone and dialed.

My surgon wanted to go through my operation one more time.  She wanted to confirm all the details, give me my call time, etc.

I will say that Bilateral Mastectomy gave me pause.


This is really happening, I really have cancer I thought.

Crazy I know, considering I have 15 chemo treatments behind me.  But lately the chemo, and the weight of all we have been through has begun accumulating.

Only a little longer - come Thanksgiving we will have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs