Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 147-race

Today I participated in the Race for the Cure. The day was full of surprises.

One of my best friends flew in from California just to walk with me.

Harper made it through the entire 5k with minimal complaint.

I didn't cry, not even once.

A man came up to me and shared that his late wife was Bossier than cancer too. That she beat breast cancer, but when it came back cancer had the last word.

He wore her photo on his back, and seemed to be walking the race alone. A beautiful tribute to his wife.

A friend asked if that kind of interaction happens a lot.

Yes it does.

Some days it is hard to be reminded of it all. Of how not everyone is as lucky as me. How cancer has taken so much from so many.

Today was one of those days.

But tomorrow I will bounce right back to my Bossy self.

Surprised?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs