Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 145

Chemo day

In preparation for chemotherapy today I had dinner with two of my closest friends. Sorry fellas but there is nothing quite like a pair of girlfriends you have known for over 20 years

The 3 of us have bonded so deeply during the last 5 months that it is almost making cancer worth it.

We had a good honest conversation that trickled into my conversation with my Dr. today.

Today we started discussing what my treatment looks like after surgery. How we are going to continue to fight off cancer for probably 10 years post surgery.

I told my Dr. That I was glad we liked each other and that she is not allowed to retire before she feels I am in the clear.

Doug took me out to lunch to celebrate only 2 more treatments. We spoke about my conversation with my Dr and his response was, "whatever keeps you out of a box".

And you wonder why I love this guy so much. No bullshit.

He also reminded me that at the beginning of this trip into cancerland we promised each other to take things day to day.

All we have, all any of us have, is this very moment.

And all any of us should worry about is wasting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs