Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 136 - Firsts

Yesterday was Graham's first day in first grade.  He was so excited to have his own school supplies that he gets to keep in his desk. 

I wanted to stay all day.  I wanted to skip work and pick him up after school and hang out with all the other parents.  Most days I happily get up and head into the office, yesterday was not one of them.

Tomorrow Harper gets to go to her class and pick out her cubby.  Friday will be her first official day of school.

She asks me every morning if she gets to go to school.  I can't wait when I get to say yes.

In my BC (before cancer) life I may have just rushed off to some inane meeting, hurrying the kids along.  These days I try and take my time.  Knowing that whatever is happening at work will continue to happen until I get there, and life will go on.

That is a first for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs