Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 130 - chemo day

Chemo number 12 today- only 4 more to go.

It was pretty uneventful, which is a really good thing.  As per usual I fell asleep for most of it, that's how exciting chemo can be.

On the way home, Doug and I ran into Mr. Bossy - Frank.  We started talking about a big dinner we want to have to celebrate my last chemo treatment.  It will be in honor of all the friends who have helped me through all of this.

And I am sure there will be balloons.

I am glad I have about 3 weeks between chemo ending and surgery. To be honest surgery is probably going to be the hardest part of all of this, and I haven't given it much thought. 

Yeah new boobs sound fun to most people, but my boobs are just fine thankyouverymuch.  But there is not much I can do about the situation, I have made my decision, now I just want to get it over with already.

Cancer is part of our lives now - but I am looking forward to when it no longer defines who I am.  I am looking forward to it no longer being an obvious presence in my body.

I am looking forward to having my old life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs