Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 125 - how ya doing?

Yesterday was chemo # 11.  Only 5 more to go.  Seems like yesterday I was staring down 16.

I spent the majority of my appointment chatting with a women who was going for round 2 with breast cancer.  The first round being 10 years ago.

She was full of insight, mastectomy tips, and was a complete Bossy.  With her was her niece who faced an even tougher breast cancer battle and came out the other side.

We each shared the same feeling about our individual diagnosis...that no matter how bad we had it we knew that someone else had it much worse.

Today while I was enjoying a little mama daughter time with Harper a women walked into our coffee shop with a halo.  Not the angelic kind, but the metal kind drilled into your head.

And I thought to myself, "she has it so much harder than I do".  Then I realized, she probably thought the same about me.

In the end it is all about attitude.  My worst moment came about 3 days after my diagnosis when I was once again at the hospital for some tests.  I sat there, tears welling in my eyes, and all I wanted to do was run the other direction.

But I took a deep breath, accepted my new reality, and went head first into what the day was going to bring.

I have felt lucky ever since.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs