Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day - 123 - I will...

Today I had a young guy come up to me - couldn't be more than 25, and tell me; "I am a survivor too".

I was a little taken aback - his assumption being that I have achieved survivor status.  I just smiled and asked how long - and he replied, "13 years".

The whole idea of "survivor" has been on my mind lately.  Nike sells these really cool livestrong survivor t-shirts, but I haven't bought one yet.  Which really got me thinking.

Do I even like the word survivor?  Do I want that label on me?  I feel like I have actually been thriving with cancer.  It is not going to survive me if you know what I mean.

Perhaps I want as shirt that says:

"I kicked cancer's ass". 

Or maybe:

"bald is beautiful". 

How about:

"cancer - go pound sand".

Oh I know...

Bossier than cancer.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs