Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 103 - Wall Sit

I slipped away for dinner with two of my Oregon Volleyball Bossies last night.  I think together we are like 18 feel tall - and with one of us bald we made quite a fearsome threesome.

We shared crazy medical stories, our children's triumphs, a few tears, but much, much more laughter.  It was a beautiful night, full of reminders of how great life is.

Today was chemo # 8 - we are in the middle place, mile 18, no where to go but forward.  I have been anticipating this day for a long time.  Really since I was first given the 16 rounds of treatment prescription.

I am the type of person who when faced with any difficult physical tasks wants to 1.  prove to myself I can do it and 2.   get it done as quickly as possible.

Last summer when I walked into the gym my trainer told me he was going to do his leg workout after training me. 

I said, "lets do it together".  To which he replied, "no woman could ever get through my leg work out"

Well it was on after that.

Let me add right here that he was an all-american wrestler, probably the most determined athlete group around, and I was about 20 years older.

Of coarse I made it through.  It was 45 minutes of pure torture from start to finish.  The last "exercise" was a wall sit.  A minute into it I turned to him and said, "we are doing this until one of us drops aren't we?"

He just nodded.

I won't tell you who fell first.  All I will say is that I proved my point.

And couldn't walk for about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs