Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 79 - Game on

I remember a time when hitting a shot met something so completely different.  My mom could tell you how many points I scored against Lisa Leslie in one of my greatest basketball victories ever.  In fact Lisa once attended an event we had a lucy, and my mom suggested I go up to her and introduce myself.  I thought better of it.  Figured I would get the wrong kind of shot that day.

So today I hit the shot again today.  My white blood cells jumped right back where they needed to be, and I was able to receive treatment.  The first bag of meds was benadryl - the reason being - taxol sometimes causes an allergic reaction, so the bag of benadryl is a little prevention.

It also causes major narcosleepiness.  Within about 10 mins I was snug as a bug in my lounge chair.  Poor Doug was left to his own devices, which meant he read 2 magazines and 3 journals.  As for me, my throat hurt 3 hours later thanks to my full mouth breathing sleep.

So now I have 11 more testaments.  If all goes as planned we will finish in October.

Right in time for my mom's 70th birthday.

Looks like I have a pretty good shot.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs