Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 91 - "cancer is really inconvenient sometimes"

We don't want to give cancer too much power, especially since it won't be here long, but much like a flat tire, or a stolen wallet, sometimes it just gets in the way of a really good time.

My entire family is currently coming together in Oklahoma.  Sure I have traveled the world, seen amazing things, but Oklahoma holds a very special place in my heart. 

It is where all my aunts,uncles and cousins live, where my grandparents are buried. 

It smells like oil, sounds like crickets, and feels like love.

We spend most of our time there on the lake, fishing, playing cards, going out on the boat, and "visiting" with everyone.  Oh and there is beer, margaritas, tequila and late night dominos.

I feel like a kid when I am there.  All the adults of my life take care of me there.  And I really could have used it this year.

But alas that little cancer problem. 

Its ok, next year will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs