Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 85 - What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

I think if you were to choose the number one place in the US that a cancer patient should not visit while undergoing treatment, I am pretty sure Vegas would be a contender.  Too much smoke, too many grumpy people, and it is 104 outside.

But here I am - visiting a new store we are opening here in less than two weeks. 

All my business travel begins the same way.  I think to myself, this won't be so bad, a little alone time, good night sleep, airline miles.  One hour into the flight I am already counting the moments until I am home again.

It is hard to travel when you are not feeling well, especially by yourself.  Years ago when I was 8 months pregnant with Harper I had to be in Chicago.  The pilot took one look at me and said, "do you have your Dr.'s permission for that?"  (I actually did).

I had a complete and utter panic attack at the hotel later that night.  I was too far from home, had no friends in the city, and thought I was going into labor.  Everything was ok, but I swore I would never put myself in that position again.

Tonight I am going to actually do what I always set out to do.  I am going to have some alone time, a good night sleep, and I will be back home in no time.

d

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya on that one. Can't say Vegas is for me either. But bring back some of that sunshine, please. And then maybe we can all take the kids out to the park or something. Haven't seen you and Doug in ages but have been thinkng about you both. - Morgan

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs