Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 94 - It's not a competition

Chemo again - only 9 more to go.  It is so nice to be in the single digits!

We had team baldy in the house today,  me and two other 40 year olds were all getting treatment at the same time.  The youngest of the group was receiving her last treatment.  We all cheered when her IV was removed.

Doug couldn't understand why there were not balloons.  He kept saying, "she should have balloons".  Which just made me laugh.

After treatment we decided to go have a cup of tea.  Doug was telling me how several people have come up to him and told him that this whole thing is harder on him than on me.

I just laughed.

Thankfully Doug totally disagrees.  He explained that there are days when I can't get out of bed.  That I have copious amounts of chemicals flowing through my veins, that I lost all my hair, that I am facing major surgery.

All he has to do is pick up the slack at home a little bit.  And since he already worked super hard this really is not a big deal to him.

He asked me what I thought.  And I told him that anyone who thinks this is harder on him than me is utterly clueless. 

Then he told me it might be fun to get his MBA.

And I realized he really is going off the deep end.

Healing and Dealing and super excited to only have 9 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs