Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 93 - Chicken

I had a colleague come up to me today and apologize.  She was embarrassed that for 93 days she had not acknowledged what I was going through.  She was so afraid of what to say, and how to say it, that she just avoided me for 3 months.
And then, she burst into tears.

This confessional came as a total surprise, I am not actually keeping a tally or anything.  Plus to be honest I thought she had already reached out to me.

So I told her she was brave, which she was.  Then she went on to tell me how afraid she has always been of cancer.  And there I stood, all of her fears realized. 

Then someone else came up to me today and just gave me a hug, and told me I was their hero.

It was just one of those days.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you will turn your blog into a book. I am going on 6 years as a survivor, and I read your blog and find it very comforting! Sharing helps you heal and it helps others heal!
    You have many talents, and I think writing is another one of them!
    Sending you healing thoughts!
    Machell

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs