Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 11 - Chemo starts on Monday

Now that is a sentence I never thought I would write - at least about myself.  As a good friend wrote me yesterday, "Still, I find it hard to wrap my head around it, particularly with you. I hope you will be flattered when I say you just don't seem like the type."

Flattered I am.  I am not the type.  I warned Dr. K that he better put me with the fun chemotherapy patients because with a few hours to kill there is no telling what could happen - especially with a little gallows humor and gossip rags.

Speaking of chemo a lot of you have asked how you can help - and I am holding to my promise to my mom that I will not only ask for help, but welcome it.  One of my oldest friends, Ali, is going to be my "cancer coordinator".  She puts the boss in bossy so watch out.  Ali will organize chemo buddies, food, playdates, manicures, pedicures, and maybe even my pantry.

She said it was ok to post her email:  alison@mollet.com

Come on get Bossy!

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs