Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 9 - Oncologists are science nerds...

which is a good thing for me.

We met with Dr. K today, and after pounding him with a million questions, he very confidently laid out the next year of our lives:

I should be starting chemo in the next few days - I will have a port inserted into my chest (owie!), but that will prevent me from having an IV stuck in my arm every week.  My regimen looks like this:

AC (adriamyein + cyclophosphanide) every 2 weeks for 4x
TH (Taxol + Herceptin) every week for 12x
The goal after this is that I will have no residual disease - and you all know how competitive I am
Surgery
Herceptin every 3 weeks for a year
Huge Party

Speaking of huge parties - I came home to quite the surprise last night.  The famous Frank from CHAP was in my kitchen, with his Sous Chef Nanny Bess, making a FEAST.  I invited over 3 great girlfriends, and we all toasted to HEALTH.

Frank cooking in my kitchen


Get Bossy People and Heal and Deal.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs