Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Until Next Year

Happy to report that I am finished with medical tests (except for my blood draws) for a year.

Today I had my colonoscopy and endoscopy - insert "both ends" joke here.

I will spare you all the gross parts.  Much like your mammogram at 40 - don't forget to get your colonoscopy at 50.  It would be stupid to die of such an easily caught cancer.

Since I have been on the defense a lot lately, I decided that this weekend I would slowly shift to being on the offense.

This manifested itself in my seeing a naturopath who specializes in people with cancer.

As I sat with him, we went through a myriad of the typical questions.  "Type of cancer, treatment received, diet, exercise, etc."

When he saw that I had 3 kids he asked their ages.

"5, 6, 8", I replied.

"wow", he said.

And before I could let him get another word out I said, "I know, I had 3 kids in 3 years."

The Dr. just shook his head and said, "No , I was thinking you had kids  4, 5, 7, while going through chemo."

I smiled and said, "It gave me something to live for."



1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs