Wednesday, September 5, 2012

"How's your health?"

Someone I don't really know very well asked me that question today.

At first I was a little stunned, considering, and then I wasn't quite so sure how to answer.

There are a lot of uncomfortable moments when you have / had cancer.  None more so than trying to express the gravity of the situation, while at the same time remaining upbeat.

Nobody wants to be a downer, especially not a cancer patient.

I have been feeling really run down lately.  Probably a hang over from a long trip to Chicago / NY / Eugene last week.  One of the major side effects of the Tamoxifen I take every day is "large bone pain".

This manifests itself as aches in my femurs, and my rib cage.  Everyday, all day.

And as I was explaining this to a rather surprised Doug he said, "honey, no one knows what you are going through, but sometimes you need to tell someone."

So I am telling you.

I guess I have been doing that all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs