Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Simply today

I am a little embarrassed that I so dramatically walked away from this blog, only to realize, about a week later, that I missed it.

Part of what I was struggling with was trying to write every day. When a friend suggested weekly posts I thought, "self, you could totally do that."

So if you will have me back great! I can't promise I will write everyday, or that anything I capture here will be of much interest, but write I will.

Some days I will talk about cancer, how it feels to be on this side of it, how 3 people in the last month have come up to tell me that they, their wife, or their mother have been diagnosed. How each of them is thankful that their Stage 1 cancer was "not as bad" as mine. And how I reminded them that any cancer, is, well, the pits.

Other days I may just write about what it is like trying to raise 3 kids to have good manners, bathe occasionally, wash their hands, cut their nails, put their shoes away, brush their teeth, throw a baseball, learn to ski, be a good friend, and use a knife and fork. If one of them turns out to be a kid other parents can tolerate, then my work is done here.

And just to keep you coming back, tomorrow I will tell you all about my Monday night, Tuesday morning, which may have included me watching my sister bring another human into the world. A sweet reminder that yes, life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs