Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 360- And so it began

About a year ago today I went in for my very first mammogram.

At the ripe old age of 40, I felt a lump, and figured I better get it checked out.

I had nothing to compare my appointment with, so when, after my initial mammogram I was asked to move to another room, I really thought nothing of it.

Within about 2 minutes there were 4 other people in the room, I was lying down, and having a biopsy.  I will never forget laying in that dark room, trying to keep myself together.

I kept thinking when I got to the safety of my car I could loose it.  I just needed to get to the car.

Once there I sat, stunned, sobbing, not knowing what to do or who to call.

A year later, one thing has definitely changed.

I would know exactly who to call...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs