Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 318 The Hard Part

A friend from another cancer really encouraged me to keep my blog going.  She had been keeping a blog during her days as a cancer patient, and when her treatment was finished she decided to go dark.

Big mistake.

A few days later she was back to writing.

She warned me that I was going to need this outlet, that Survivorship might be harder than I realized.

I thought I could tie cancer up in a little box, put it on the shelf, and forget about it.

Eventually, knowing me, I figured I would take that box to Goodwill.

Reality is much different.  I probably think about cancer more now than I did before.

Some days I am scared shitless.
Some days I know I have this licked.
Some days I feel completely changed.
Some days I feel like my old self.

Everyday I am thankful that I write.

1 comment:

  1. Some days I am scared shitless.
    Some days I know I have this licked.
    Some days I feel completely changed.
    Some days I feel like my old self.

    I hear ya. Odd times post treatment.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs