Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 315 - you got know when to hold 'em...

I try to avoid going through those new fangeled metal detectors at the airport.  You know the ones that sort of swirl around you, with your arms raised, taking x-rays of your body.

The problem is, I still have my port inserted in my body, and it flags further inspection.

Every.

Single.

Time.

And every time it pisses me off.  I try to explain what it is, but I still get pulled over, and subjected to a full body pat down. 

Today this got to me, I sort of simmered, I sort of got teary.  I knew I had to keep it together if I ever wanted to get on an airplane again.

By the time I got on the plane I was feeling a bit worn out.  As I was powering off my phone, I read the following message from my husband, that turned my day around.

"Through the years, when everything went wrong
Together we were strong, I know that I belonged
Right here with you ...Through the years
I never had a doubt, we'd always work things out
I've learned what love's about, by loving you
Through the years
— Kenny Rogers


This is was a quote that started a market report I was reading that literally brought a tear to my eyes. I thought to myself, Kenny Rodgers  must have a great wife too. 

Just out of curiosity I goggled him.  

He has had 5 wives."


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs