Monday, November 14, 2011

Day - 203. A hairy situation

I have been traveling a lot the last few days. Last weekend was our quick trip to the Bay Area, and today I traveled to NYC.

You would be surprised how many different people look at your ID while traveling. When you get your ticket, security, the hotel.

On each occasion I recieved a different reaction to my ID photo and the gal standing in the flesh and blood.

At the Ticket counter. "Wow you really went for it didn't you?".

At first I wasn't sure what she meant, and then said, "I guess you could say that, but it really was not my choice.".

Dorris, the woman at the ticket counter, put two and two together then told me how her sister had gone through the same thing, and how great she was doing now etc.

Next up was security. The barely legal TSA agent said,"wow did you donate your hair?"

"umm I guess you can say that"' was my reply.

The man behind me said, "you look like a survivor, I am a survivor too". Before I could more than smile I was pushed along through the security line.

Last was checking into the hotel tonight. The desk clerk looked at me and said, "I like it much better short.".

This time I simply smiled and said, "thank you"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs