Thursday, November 10, 2011

199- OK

A good friend of mine is facing a bit of a heath scare.  I won't go into details here, but lets just say she is waiting for some results that should come tomorrow.

Chances are everything will be just fine, we will all breathe a sigh of relief, and blissfully move on. 

She laughed when I told her I knew exactly how she felt.  I tried to reassure her that everything was going to be OK. 

But I could tell she knew I was lying.

Especially since everything was not OK for me.

My mom was in town when I told her that I felt a lump in my breast.  She reassured me that one of my aunts found those all the time, and each time they checked out to be benign cysts.

OK.

At my Dr.'s office, the nurse practitioner examined me, and again reassured me that it was likely nothing. 

OK

I told her I wanted a mammogram just to be sure.

Ummm...not OK.

So I guess I am the last person to tell you that everything is going to be OK.

Or maybe I have become an authority on it.  Maybe I am an example of even when it is really bad and scary everything can turn out OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs