Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 178 the road to recovery

I slept until 9am yesterday. I think I was exhausted anticipating my surgery.

My phone woke me up, it was my surgeon calling to say my surgery had moved up and that I needed to be at the hospital by 10am.

Rushing to get to the hospital with my crew, mom, kristy, doug was actually a good thing. We didn't have anytime to think about my surgery.

Doug and I had about an hour together as they prepped me. We had the most beautiful conversation about how much he loved my insides, that because we were soul mates our exteriors didn't matter.

I never doubted how he would feel about the new me. Having that conversation in my head calmed me as I was whisked away to the operating room.

From what I understand everything went well. There was no visible sign of cancer (yeah chemo), so we are cautiously optimistic. All will be known when the results of my pathology reports come in on Friday.

Last night was rough. The pain meds they had me on dropped my blood pressure too low, and as I was in and out of consciousness I would sort of forget to breath. The nurses found zero humor in that situation. Eventually we got it all sorted out and I was moved to my room.

Doug spent the night with me and was probably woken up 5 times during the corse of 8 hours thanks to my blood pressure machine, pain meds, dressing changes, etc.

I am home now, happily in my own bed, and heavily medicated.

All I can say is that I am so happy this part is over.

Healing and dealing

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs