Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 162 - There were Balloons

'Cause love's such an old fashioned word
And love dares you to care for
The people on the edge of the night
And love dares you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves'

-Freddy Mercury / David Bowie
entering my office














It is interesting what happens inside when you open yourself up to be loved. When you make a conscious decision to allow sentimentality into your life.
 
 
Today I felt some serious love from the group I work with. The simple gesture of blowing up a gazillion balloons and filling my office to the brim almost brought me to my knees.
 
 
It was a milestone day. The first day in over six months where I didn't have to talk about my next chemo treatment. Yes we have some road ahead of us, but I am glad that chemo is in the rear view.

The balloons floated all throughout the office.  I found them in conference rooms, bathrooms, even in the lobby.  They were getting the word out that today was a great day.

And I have a feeling they are going to stick around for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs