Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 114 - HERO

Dawnn EikenberryOne of my hero's is an old volleyball friend.  Someone I competed with and against since we were 13. 

We had been out of touch for years, but she reached out to me as soon as she learned about my diagnosis. 

I was grateful to be able to ask her candid questions about treatment options, reconstruction, mothering during cancer. 

You see she went down the cancer path before me - and without me.

And reached 4 years with no sign of disease.

Until now.

As she tells it, cancer is coming back for round 2. 

Her message to me was full of bossiness:

"I am not looking at the averages which says 4 years because let's be realistic, we are way above average. I look forward to kicking ass together and telling stories of remember when years down the road.

I love you."

And heart. 

And I am lucky to be in her company.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs